RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > Slipperential discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
Old
  (#61)
rootar
RC-Monster Titanium

03.30.2009, 02:02 PM

i order mine for my rc8t today, should have ordered an amb personal but oh well the house transponder will be free to use till june so ill get a personal then.....

Old
  (#62)
brushlessboy16
Im not dark, Im over ripened! xD

03.30.2009, 04:38 PM

How much larger are house transponders over Personals?

Benjamin White
R/c Monster Team Driver
Jq the car, LST, Sportweks turmoil pro
Unconventional Techniques, Superior Results
  Send a message via Yahoo to brushlessboy16 Send a message via AIM to brushlessboy16 Send a message via MSN to brushlessboy16 Send a message via Skype™ to brushlessboy16 
Old
  (#63)
MetalMan
RC-Monster Mod

03.30.2009, 04:49 PM

They are about twice as thick, and a bit wider. The main thing is mounting; personal transponders can be put anywhere, whereas house transponders need to be mounted in an easy-to-access location and held in by a body clip.

SH Z-Car, Custom Crawler, 8s Savage, 12s XTM XLB 1/7 buggy, 4wd 4-link rear/IFS Pro4 truck, Custom Hyper 10 Short Course, Belt-Drive Mammoth ST 1/8 truggy, 4s 17.5 MM Pro HPI Blitz

Old
  (#64)
BlackedOutREVO

03.30.2009, 05:02 PM

Any idea if it will fit in the Odonnell ZO1B buggy? Or the Kyosho 777?

Looks amazing, I have any excuse to get a buggy, or run one of my buddies spare 777's

Old
  (#65)
Finnster
KillaHurtz

03.30.2009, 05:59 PM

Very nice looking part, and all the replacement parts are very well priced. A+++!

Now for that CD for a savage.... Really I could take that emaxx/gmaxx CD pictured and make it work if it was available.

Old
  (#66)
E-Maxx Sweden

03.30.2009, 08:36 PM

Hello Mike

What a nice pice of build you got there.

Just one question, will it fit in my E-Maxx 3905 FLM chassi?

Regards
E-Maxx Sweden

Last edited by E-Maxx Sweden; 03.30.2009 at 08:38 PM.

Old
  (#67)
MetalMan
RC-Monster Mod

03.31.2009, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnster View Post
Now for that CD for a savage.... Really I could take that emaxx/gmaxx CD pictured and make it work if it was available.

Mine's going there, just minus the mech. brakes

SH Z-Car, Custom Crawler, 8s Savage, 12s XTM XLB 1/7 buggy, 4wd 4-link rear/IFS Pro4 truck, Custom Hyper 10 Short Course, Belt-Drive Mammoth ST 1/8 truggy, 4s 17.5 MM Pro HPI Blitz

Old
  (#68)
alangsam

03.31.2009, 01:42 PM

MIKE - a number of questions about erevo - emaxx and 62T spur support. we get a no on the threads but no real explantion - almost like why would you want that? their is a very large community of users out there so i am not sure why their isnt a business case for this. The current center diff is plastic and the slipper is weaker than it needs to be under the stress of 6S you almost have to keep it locked.
Why no response on this topic?

Old
  (#69)
Arct1k
RC-Monster Mod

03.31.2009, 02:09 PM

I think you are getting confused - The emaxx uses a transmission with a 62 sput - locked in 2nd this provides a 1.72 gear reduction.

The setup we are asking for will eliminate the transmission and replace it with just the slipperential. The differential mount would include also integrate a motor mount.

The gearing will be very different as the 1.72 gear reduction in the orginal transmission would be eliminated.

Last edited by Arct1k; 03.31.2009 at 02:14 PM.

Old
  (#70)
RC-Monster Mike
Site Owner

03.31.2009, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alangsam View Post
MIKE - a number of questions about erevo - emaxx and 62T spur support. we get a no on the threads but no real explantion - almost like why would you want that? their is a very large community of users out there so i am not sure why their isnt a business case for this. The current center diff is plastic and the slipper is weaker than it needs to be under the stress of 6S you almost have to keep it locked.
Pardon me, but I don't understand the question?

Old
  (#71)
lincpimp
Check out my huge box!

03.31.2009, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alangsam View Post
So you want a replacement for the emaxx and erevo tranny? Something like the older bulkhead besign Mike had for the 1st gen gmaxx, I assume. I can see this selling well, as the stock slipper clutch and the traxxas center diff cannot handle the hotter setups very well.

The 62t spur issue is related to the x1 crt, he wants to use the new slipper/diff, but does not want to change over to truggy diff gears.

Old
  (#72)
jayjay283
RC-Monster Titanium

03.31.2009, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lincpimp View Post
So you want a replacement for the emaxx and erevo tranny? Something like the older bulkhead besign Mike had for the 1st gen gmaxx, I assume. I can see this selling well, as the stock slipper clutch and the traxxas center diff cannot handle the hotter setups very well.

The 62t spur issue is related to the x1 crt, he wants to use the new slipper/diff, but does not want to change over to truggy diff gears.
If hes talking a Emaxx CD design like a few priviedged members here have for the 3906 that make us all drool. In a 3905 design.. Cant find any pics, but like Gee made out of carbon fiber/fibre, (you know what they are, the CD mounts instead of a tranny we've been asking for going on 15 months here :P:) slap a slipperential in it... That, and a set of extended 8mm drive shafts for the flextek arms, and a set of wheels & tires like the black Gmade gm2 Ultratrac, but go 75+ mph. I seriously think I could stop on the G4 project, and feel whole, and sit at a mountain top contemplating the sound of a soft breeze.

Old
  (#73)
alangsam

03.31.2009, 07:23 PM

we need a better option for a Centerdiff and slipper than comes on the current 3905 emaxx and e-revo. i was thinking that if we could get a bigger spur on the diff part of this then you wouldnt have to change out any diff gears.

Old
  (#74)
mothman
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

03.31.2009, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay283 View Post
If hes talking a Emaxx CD design like a few priviedged members here have for the 3906 that make us all drool. In a 3905 design.. Cant find any pics, but like Gee made out of carbon fiber/fibre, (you know what they are, the CD mounts instead of a tranny we've been asking for going on 15 months here :P:) slap a slipperential in it... That, and a set of extended 8mm drive shafts for the flextek arms, and a set of wheels & tires like the black Gmade gm2 Ultratrac, but go 75+ mph. I seriously think I could stop on the G4 project, and feel whole, and sit at a mountain top contemplating the sound of a soft breeze.
jay, are you talking about this:

If yes, then, yes we definitely need this to be in the store as I can see that many people are interested to fit this slipperential in their truck especially the emaxx owners.
  Send a message via Yahoo to mothman Send a message via AIM to mothman Send a message via MSN to mothman  
Old
  (#75)
jayjay283
RC-Monster Titanium

03.31.2009, 09:09 PM

I'd assume so, but I cant see them Mothman lol.... Leaves me contemplating yet again why oh why when daily there is a post on the net where did you get the Maxx CD mount, MIke wont make more and post up a part # for sick profit. ... hmmm