Hello
Funny Chinese people got to MMM
Toro parse here http://forum.rcdesign.ru/f71/thread210667.html

Old
  (#2)
suicideneil
They've been naughty boys, havent they Mr. Flibble

11.15.2010, 09:29 AM

Hmm, the power & brainboard layout is rather similar isnt it, not cool really. I saw that Hobbywing have new sensored 1/10 & 1/8 escs the other day; everybody is ripping off castle these days, hard to do much about patent infringements with companies in china...
  Send a message via MSN to suicideneil  
Old
  (#3)
bigbadtaz
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

11.15.2010, 12:25 PM

castle don't build stuff here they get it from china and articles i have had read these companies that are coming out now have been OEM for a lot of companies . so don't think they are ripping off castle now if they were made in the USA then another company did the same thing you my have a point. and if castle had a case don't you think they would be shut down or sued.

Old
  (#4)
mistercrash
Guelph, Canada, eh!

11.15.2010, 01:10 PM

From what I know, and I don't know much, Castle imports small electronic components and parts from overseas so they can assemble their systems in the USA in their USA based factory. Systems that have been engineered from the ground up by Castle Creations USA. If an overseas company, or any other company copies Castle Creations products then I would say yes, they are ripping off Castle.

No brain, no headaches.

Last edited by mistercrash; 11.15.2010 at 01:11 PM.

Old
  (#5)
JThiessen
RC-Monster Brushless

11.15.2010, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadtaz View Post
castle don't build stuff here they get it from china and articles i have had read these companies that are coming out now have been OEM for a lot of companies . so don't think they are ripping off castle now if they were made in the USA then another company did the same thing you my have a point. and if castle had a case don't you think they would be shut down or sued.
Completely untrue. When a company "hires" another company (outsoursce) to fabricate parts for its products, those products are protected by international copyright law, and both companies sign numerous agreements saying such. Same goes for theories and ideas that companies identify as their "intellectual property".

Losi 8T 1.0, Savage Flux - XL style, LST XXL, Muggy, 3.3 E-Revo Conversion and sitting outside 425hp, 831 Tq Dodge Ram Turbo Diesel. It SMOKES

Old
  (#6)
Kcaz25
RC-Monster Titanium

11.15.2010, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Wrong!

Old
  (#7)
reno911
Smelly Nitro meet your maker!

11.15.2010, 02:03 PM

I have never been to that side of the world but from those I know who have and what I hear of these things. We only see a small small percentage of the chaoticness that is China/Japan/Korea/Taiwan/etc copies of everything. If something is made, from what I understand, there is at least two to three companies that make the exact same thing. If they all originate from the same source or not is still a mystery. Must be nice though in Japan you can buy an iPhone, an uPhone, and an ePhone.

I have to EZrun esc's I have taken them apart, they may be similar to the MMM but they are on a lower standard. I imagine this copy is of the same standards.

Old
  (#8)
aqwut
Brushless Heavy Weight....

02.24.2011, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reno911 View Post
I have never been to that side of the world but from those I know who have and what I hear of these things. We only see a small small percentage of the chaoticness that is China/Japan/Korea/Taiwan/etc copies of everything. If something is made, from what I understand, there is at least two to three companies that make the exact same thing. If they all originate from the same source or not is still a mystery. Must be nice though in Japan you can buy an iPhone, an uPhone, and an ePhone.

I have to EZrun esc's I have taken them apart, they may be similar to the MMM but they are on a lower standard. I imagine this copy is of the same standards.
"Japan/Korea/Taiwan copies of everything", that's not true either.. I would agree with China.
But, as the saying goes, "You get what you pay for".

The Power of BRUSHLESS!!!!!
http://www.geocities.com/aqwut
1HP (electric) = 746 Watts.
Everything is brushless!!

Last edited by aqwut; 02.24.2011 at 11:37 PM.

Old
  (#9)
bigbadtaz
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

02.27.2011, 10:45 PM

at reno911
thats a bull shit statement about hobbywing stuff i have there stuff and never had a problem with any of them i seen friends burn up castle esc's and motors.

Old
  (#10)
audriusv

03.22.2011, 05:56 AM

Quote:
at reno911
thats a bull shit statement about hobbywing stuff i have there stuff and never had a problem with any of them i seen friends burn up castle esc's and motors.
:) I have seen numerous hobbywing stuff burns... And no warranty... My friend have sent them his ESC under warranty and then he gets replay that it is not warranty case and he should pay for repair and shipping. So what?

If you love HW, use it. If someone likes CC or Tekin they use them.

Bear in mind - CC or Tekin always will be one or two steps ahead of clones and copies. So if you are in competition with your clone or copy - you are one or two seconds behind :).

If you are basher - that is different story. Use what ever suits you :).

Peace!

Old
  (#11)
BrianG
RC-Monster Admin

11.15.2010, 02:08 PM

I have personally been to the actual Castle facility in Olathe Kansas and can attest they DO design and build their circuits on site. But I am sure they get their components wherever they can get them, just like everyone else. They have their component picker/placers (whatever their technical name is), and soldering systems in their KS site.

Most if not all of their motors are built overseas, but they are built in Castle-run factories over there and the design is Castle's (with Neu license).

BigBagTaz, please refrain from posting information that is untrue, and really downright slanderous.
  Send a message via Yahoo to BrianG Send a message via MSN to BrianG  
Old
  (#12)
BrianG
RC-Monster Admin

11.15.2010, 02:10 PM

I just looked at that Toro page and noticed that their rotors are not wrapped at all. I wonder how well they'll hold up spinning at 40,000rpm+?

That system does look a LOT like the MMM system through, particularly the brain board. And the program card looks suspiciously familiar as well.

Motors seem to be 9 slot stator and 6 slot rotor. kinda odd...

Last edited by BrianG; 11.15.2010 at 02:14 PM.
  Send a message via Yahoo to BrianG Send a message via MSN to BrianG  
Old
  (#13)
suicideneil
They've been naughty boys, havent they Mr. Flibble

11.15.2010, 03:19 PM

Yeah, lack of wrapping on the rotor is rather iffy, especially with those 6 big magnets just stuck to the core like that- if it was done well, it might be a beasty motor, but I think it'll end up grenading like that kid's did back along who had another cheap MMM motor clone.

And yeah, Castle have posted indepth photo tours of their manufacturing facility on rc-monster; chips are sourced overseas ( same with 99% of every other electrical appliance ) but are assembled in the USA by American Engineers ( it does actually state this on Castle's website too ). I do dislike listening to ill-informed people spouting off....
  Send a message via MSN to suicideneil  
Old
  (#14)
snellemin
2 KiloWatt RACER

11.15.2010, 04:26 PM

Brain board looks mighty similar to the old Castle brain board. Looking closely I can see that a few items have been moved around for it not to be considered a total clone. But why worry really? Castle new brain boards are smaller.

old boards comparison

Newer board

6 KiloWatt A123 Racer
GTP-Pletty Big Maxximum+RX8. GTP-C50-6L Hacker+RX8. CRT.5-Pro4+ZTW esc.
24s2p EVG SX 49.6mph Ebike.
18s4p Raptor 60mph Ebike. 11.5KW

Old
  (#15)
What's_nitro?
Soldermaster Extraordinaire

11.15.2010, 05:17 PM

Translated page, FYI...

http://translate.google.com/translat...7.html&act=url

I am faster than Buzz Lightyear.