RC-Monster Forums  
RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > Brushless

Old
  (#91)
_paralyzed_
working on a brushless for my wheelchair.....

04.03.2012, 03:29 AM

Updates: The first pic is what I did with the chassis I got from whitzrac. He said he thought I might just be working him for a t-maxx chassis and not using it on this project. Who wants a t-maxx anyway?

I just cut the ends off that attach to the bulkheads to make braces, just like they did with the lexan bombproof chassis'.

I bought a pro-line maxx servo saver from Monster Mike- $45

And some aluminum hexes and wheel nuts I had lying around for bling. I know they are only 14mm hexes, but aluminum won't strip and I have 10 14mm wheels and tires to go with the truck.

It's "Dr. _paralyzed_" actually. Not like with a PhD, but Doctor like in Dr. Pepper.

Giving credit where credit is due-
Old
  (#92)
_paralyzed_

Giving credit where credit is due- - 04.03.2012, 04:04 AM

Redshift- Really stepped up and custom machined the LST to Maxx bulkhead collars. They are top notch. I seriously considered having them copied and selling them.

jayjay283- One of the first and original donators. He donated a chassis (got cut up making the cf chassis) a nice set of aluminum chassis braces and a sweet carbon fiber center skid.

E-Revonut- donated 2 brand new titan motors and misc. parts. He also sent me 4 maximizer beadlocks that did not have the center ring, so they couldn't hold a tire, and some 17mm hexes that were too used to use. Atleast he tried and participated. (sold the motors to fund the build, c'mon they were brushed)

Krawlin- A full set of blue aluminum bulkheads

Cody.McP- Gave a full front and rear end. Bulkheads, diffs, shock towers, aluminum skid plates, rpm outer skids, mip axles, one set of bulks was aluminum, 4 big bore shocks. (I used the axles, skids, outer skids, had lst diffs and super shocks and had the rest of the parts new, his donation helped me button things up.)

_paralyzed_- I donated LST diffs, Ti turnbuckles, Hammad Ghuman front and rear aluminum bumpers, rpm bulkhead braces, a hyper 7 center diff customed in, hinge pins, a screw kit, 4 ofna super shocks, Hitec hs-645 and aluminum horn, rc products design motor mount, etc., etc....

_paralyzed_- Things I bought and paid for- Carbon Fiber($60), Steering rack($45), 2 hyper 7 top plates($30), FFRC servo clamps($10), rear driveshafts that didn't fit($20), rear driveshaft that did fit($10)

It's "Dr. _paralyzed_" actually. Not like with a PhD, but Doctor like in Dr. Pepper.

Last edited by _paralyzed_; 04.03.2012 at 04:16 AM.

What it looks like now...
Old
  (#93)
_paralyzed_

What it looks like now... - 04.03.2012, 04:08 AM

Current pics-

So what do I do now?

Old
  (#94)
brainanator
RC-Monster Aluminum

04.03.2012, 09:47 AM

You could sell on ebay and donate the money (less some of your direct expenses?) to some charity I suppose.
Edit: I obviously don't have any say since I didn't do anything to contribute, just throwin out an idea.

OFNA Jammin CRT.5e, Savage Flux HP, MBX5Te, SCX10, Multirotors, foam planes
  Send a message via Yahoo to brainanator Send a message via MSN to brainanator  
Old
  (#95)
brian015
RC-Monster Aluminum

04.03.2012, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainanator View Post
You could sell on ebay and donate the money (less some of your direct expenses?) to some charity I suppose.
Edit: I obviously don't have any say since I didn't do anything to contribute, just throwin out an idea.
+1

This would be a very reasonable way to go.

Old
  (#96)
jayjay283
RC-Monster Titanium

04.03.2012, 05:05 PM

Man that looks cool Harold ! Nice friggin job ! I want it ! forget starving kids and abused animals me me me ! Some sort of auction ebay or otherwise would be cool saying its for charity and donated by many and built up by Harold

Old
  (#97)
suicideneil
Old Skool

04.04.2012, 12:27 PM

I suppose we do need to elect a charity really, preferably something good like cancer research or a charity- funded hospital, something like that.

When the truck sells someone could take the check along and get their photo taken for the local press ( make a big thing of it, mention the r/c hobby & RC-Monster etc ).

----

Do we have a shell for the truck, anyone want to do a nice custom paintjob with the PiF theme & list of contributors / sponsors down one side or something?

It will be sold, proceeds going to autism research
Old
  (#98)
_paralyzed_

It will be sold, proceeds going to autism research - 04.04.2012, 11:06 PM

My plan was always to e-bay the truck and donate the money to autism research, in honor of lutach and his beautiful daughter.

My question is, do I sell it as is, or make a push to complete the truck? It would be way better with 17mm hexes and accompanying wheels and tires.

A motor and speedo are obviously the most expensive items, and nobody will donate those. Do I start a collection?

If I make a push for completion, how RTR do I make it? With radio? With battery and charger?

I'm not going to recoup one cent from this thing. I started with the intention of giving it away and that is what I shall do. All proceeds are to be donated. I only included what I spent to show that I am giving and to inspire others to give back. (I live off of $700/month guys...)

Please, give me your input. Should I hit up Castle for a motor/esc?

Old
  (#99)
suicideneil
Old Skool

04.05.2012, 04:39 PM

A roller sans esc and motor makes sense really- let the buyer choose their own running gear ( though maybe add a note to the auction with some recommendations so that they aren't totally clueless if they are a newb or noob ).

Donation
Old
  (#100)
JERRY2KONE
JERRY2KONE SUPERMAXX

Donation - 04.06.2012, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _paralyzed_ View Post
My plan was always to e-bay the truck and donate the money to autism research, in honor of lutach and his beautiful daughter.

My question is, do I sell it as is, or make a push to complete the truck? It would be way better with 17mm hexes and accompanying wheels and tires.

A motor and speedo are obviously the most expensive items, and nobody will donate those. Do I start a collection?

If I make a push for completion, how RTR do I make it? With radio? With battery and charger?

I'm not going to recoup one cent from this thing. I started with the intention of giving it away and that is what I shall do. All proceeds are to be donated. I only included what I spent to show that I am giving and to inspire others to give back. (I live off of $700/month guys...)

Please, give me your input. Should I hit up Castle for a motor/esc?
Why not share this thread with Patric and request a donation towards this project? I am willing to believe that CC would help out knowing what it is being used for as long as the CC name is used as added advertising.

SUPERMAXX YOUR LIFE.

Old
  (#101)
_paralyzed_

04.06.2012, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERRY2KONE View Post
Why not share this thread with Patric and request a donation towards this project? I am willing to believe that CC would help out knowing what it is being used for as long as the CC name is used as added advertising.
I did Jerry. I sent him a pm last night. If they come on board I'll push for a body, ask Mike for a battery tray and try to acquire better hexes and wheels.

If not I'll just sell it as is.

Old
  (#102)
jayjay283
RC-Monster Titanium

04.09.2012, 04:44 PM

I have 17mm ofna blue wheel hubs 2nd best on the maxx ive tried ill float them your way pm me your addy again ill send I/ll fart up some losi 17mm wheels if Patric kicks down a mamba