RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > Brushless

The next phase of my High voltage small trucks
Old
  (#1)
crazyjr
RC-Monster Dual Brushless

The next phase of my High voltage small trucks - 10.21.2007, 02:14 AM

Many of you saw my 4s powered stampede in the temp forums, it was waaaaay too unstable and broke the diff and bent some parts in a bad wreck. Ok, I tryed putting it in my T3 stadium truck, Better on stability, but it was a bit short on top end (topped out at about 30 MPH, nice but i wanted a bit more). So now i am looking at a GT conversion, I had a friend pass away recently and I was left a GT associated and really didn't need another Nitro (However i thought hard about a BB conversion with a .30 sts engine, but na) I made a plate using three of the four motor mount holes to allow me to mount my Revo Motor mount( RC-Monster one) and have it mounted. Its a bit off, but close enough to see if it will do what i want. Tomorrow I will finish it, Its got my 1200XL lehner motor and quark 80, thats been used in the other high voltage projects, but this time I got a steal of a deal on a 5S flightpower 2500 25c Lipo. In both of my other setups, i never pulled more than 50 amps peak, so i think 2500 will be enough to push this setup as far as i want. I am aiming for between 35 and 50 with maybe 30 minutes runtime based on other experiments. I got over 40 minutes with a 3700 4s Flightpower in the stampede. I weighed it today and its 4 pounds 3.7 ounces, thats Minus the reciever, the external BECand a battery strap, I'm sure i can keep it under 4.5 pounds easy

Work because i gotta, play because i wanna

People here hate Nitro, I love it. I start it, run it about 50 ft from me and it dies, I go after it. Perfect exercise

Last edited by crazyjr; 10.21.2007 at 02:22 AM.

Old
  (#2)
crazyjr

10.26.2007, 07:19 PM

Sorry it took so long to get back on this, but i now have pics for you to see. Here is the layout of my E-GT, sorry for the dirt, it had just finished its maiden voyage. Yes , thats a 5s 2500 flightpower evo 25 pack

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

People here hate Nitro, I love it. I start it, run it about 50 ft from me and it dies, I go after it. Perfect exercise

Old
  (#3)
entjoles

10.26.2007, 07:24 PM

how does it handle? rear traction? wheelies????????

must be nutz

Old
  (#4)
lutach

10.26.2007, 07:24 PM

Very nice. You can go all the way up to 10S lipos with a suitable controller .
  Send a message via MSN to lutach  
Old
  (#5)
crazyjr

10.26.2007, 08:02 PM

It handles pretty good, it only runs about 30-35 so its not out of control. With the layout i thought i'd have trouble controling it, thats not a problem. it starts straight and brakes straight, it will wheelie if i hit it right

Old
  (#6)
coolhandcountry
RC-Monster Mod

10.26.2007, 08:10 PM

Next we need a video.

Peace!
Country
Help support the
Rc-Monster
Buy here

Old
  (#7)
jnev
RC-Monster Brushless

10.26.2007, 08:13 PM

Nice job. Similar to mine kind of... actually not really. How long is the Flightpower pack? I didn't think a normal sized lipo would fit, so I was planning on getting the Max Amps 5500mAH saddle pack... which is a square shaped. I would much rather get another lipo pack though, so I definitely will get a normal shaped one if it fits.
Here was GT:

Old
  (#8)
crazyjr

10.27.2007, 01:17 AM

My pack is a 2500 mah flightpower evo25 25c 5s, its 5 1/8 inches long. It barely fits between the upturned sides.