RC-Monster Forums  
RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > Castle Creations

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old
  (#16)
RC-Monster Mike
Site Owner
 
RC-Monster Mike's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 4,915
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: PA
09.14.2016, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcflyer View Post
What do you have and how much you asking?
I'm saying I would like a sensored 2028 motor.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#17)
jcflyer
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber
 
Offline
Posts: 68
Join Date: Apr 2016
Question 09.14.2016, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-Monster Mike View Post
I'm saying I would like a sensored 2028 motor.
Oh sorry to misread your post.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#18)
MonsterMaxx
Owner of Unlimited Engineering
 
Offline
Posts: 99
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Simpsonville, SC
09.14.2016, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcaz25 View Post
Someone on Facebook asked Castle why they don't offer a sensored motor and this was the reply: "Good things come to those who wait."
seems like we heard the same thing about 12s, no?
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#19)
_paralyzed_
working on a brushless for my wheelchair.....
 
_paralyzed_'s Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 4,890
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: minnesnowta
09.14.2016, 08:48 PM

I'm mildly interested in a sensored 2028.

I'm very interested in a 12s ESC.


_______________________________________

It's "Dr. _paralyzed_" actually. Not like with a PhD, but Doctor like in Dr. Pepper.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#20)
RC-Monster Mike
Site Owner
 
RC-Monster Mike's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 4,915
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: PA
09.14.2016, 09:00 PM

Sounds like a great combo!
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#21)
jcflyer
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber
 
Offline
Posts: 68
Join Date: Apr 2016
09.14.2016, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _paralyzed_ View Post
I'm mildly interested in a sensored 2028.

I'm very interested in a 12s ESC.
Why not get the MGM?
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#22)
Kcaz25
RC-Monster Titanium
 
Kcaz25's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 1,419
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Louisville, KY
09.14.2016, 10:09 PM

Yeah but I am thinking that we will see a Sensored 1515 first.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#23)
jcflyer
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber
 
Offline
Posts: 68
Join Date: Apr 2016
09.14.2016, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcaz25 View Post
Yeah but I am thinking that we will see a Sensored 1515 first.
I don't know anything about a 1515 but, it is my guess it would not do me any good I am a 1/5 scale guy!
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#24)
MonsterMaxx
Owner of Unlimited Engineering
 
Offline
Posts: 99
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Simpsonville, SC
09.15.2016, 04:34 PM

Have MGM, 2x of them in fact. MGM is heavy, physically quite large, expensive and very difficult to get serviced. Also no BEC.
IMHO I'd be nice to have 12s in a smaller footprint w/ BEC and US service.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#25)
jcflyer
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber
 
Offline
Posts: 68
Join Date: Apr 2016
09.15.2016, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterMaxx View Post
Have MGM, 2x of them in fact. MGM is heavy, physically quite large, expensive and very difficult to get serviced. Also no BEC.
IMHO I'd be nice to have 12s in a smaller footprint w/ BEC and US service.
I fully agree that's why I wanted to try one of the helicopter esc's before I got the MGM. I was told it would not work.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#26)
Kcaz25
RC-Monster Titanium
 
Kcaz25's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 1,419
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Louisville, KY
09.15.2016, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcflyer View Post
I don't know anything about a 1515 but, it is my guess it would not do me any good I am a 1/5 scale guy!
The 1515 is the 2200kv motor from Castle that IMHO changed RC forever. Of course without the dawning of the cheap and hardy lipo none of this would be possible. Perhaps thanks should go to Steve Neu as the design of the Castle motor is built from the Neu motors fully in agreement with Neu. Castle made it cost effective/affordable and they also made it tougher for dusty conditions that our vehicles see. It is the 2028 only 75 inches long and 40 inches wide I believe.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#27)
Pdelcast
RC-Monster Titanium
 
Pdelcast's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 1,697
Join Date: Mar 2008
09.16.2016, 12:01 PM

First will be the 1406 and 1410 motors, then the 1515, then the 2028, then the little 0808 motors.

If it were to happen, that is. I'm only speculating.


Patrick del Castillo
President, Principle Engineer
Castle Creations
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#28)
_paralyzed_
working on a brushless for my wheelchair.....
 
_paralyzed_'s Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 4,890
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: minnesnowta
09.20.2016, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcflyer View Post
Why not get the MGM?
cost


_______________________________________

It's "Dr. _paralyzed_" actually. Not like with a PhD, but Doctor like in Dr. Pepper.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#29)
jcflyer
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber
 
Offline
Posts: 68
Join Date: Apr 2016
09.20.2016, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcaz25 View Post
The 1515 is the 2200kv motor from Castle that IMHO changed RC forever. Of course without the dawning of the cheap and hardy lipo none of this would be possible. Perhaps thanks should go to Steve Neu as the design of the Castle motor is built from the Neu motors fully in agreement with Neu. Castle made it cost effective/affordable and they also made it tougher for dusty conditions that our vehicles see. It is the 2028 only 75 inches long and 40 inches wide I believe.
I hope you meant 75 mm and not inches long??? I doubt that these two are the same motors...
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#30)
Kcaz25
RC-Monster Titanium
 
Kcaz25's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 1,419
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Louisville, KY
09.20.2016, 12:58 PM

You are right. MM.
   
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



RC Monster




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com