RC-Monster Forums  
RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > Truggy

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old
  (#16)
nastety92
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber
 
Offline
Posts: 425
Join Date: Apr 2006
06.14.2012, 12:33 PM

Sounds good Freddy, what ESC are you running?

Thanks,
Nick


Tamiya TRF801Xt-e
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#17)
freddy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
06.14.2012, 01:28 PM

CC mamba monster
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#18)
nastety92
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber
 
Offline
Posts: 425
Join Date: Apr 2006
06.15.2012, 09:34 PM

Just got my D8T with 1520 all programmed and the correct gear on.

Damn this thing is fast now. It was quick before, now it's fast. The mid range is much more than the Tekin motor and I'm still running it very easy.

5s with 17/50 gearing.

Differential Ratio: 4.3
Transmission Ratio: 1
Other Ratio: 1
Spur Tooth Count: 50
Pinion Tooth Count: 17
Total Voltage: 18.50
Motor KV: 1600
Tire Diameter (inches): 5.84
Tire Ballooning (inches): .10
Motor Current Draw: 140
Motor Coil Resistance: 0
Spur/Pinion Ratio: 2.94 : 1
Total Ratio: 12.64706 : 1
Tire Circumference (inches): 18.98 inches (481.97 mm)
Rollout: 1.50:1
Total Motor Speed: 29600 RPM
Vehicle Speed: 42.06 mph (67.56 km/h)
Effective KV Value: 1600
KT constant: 0.85 oz-in/A
Motor Torque: 0.62 ft-lbs
Final Torque: 7.79 ft-lbs
Final Power: 2590 watts (3.5 HP)


I think my next purchase is some 3s lipo's so I can run this motor on 6s. It should be interesting.

Video coming soon.

Nick


Tamiya TRF801Xt-e

Last edited by nastety92; 06.15.2012 at 09:40 PM.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#19)
freddy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
06.16.2012, 11:51 AM

Just checked my gearing, im running with a 17t pinion and 48t spur
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#20)
nastety92
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber
 
Offline
Posts: 425
Join Date: Apr 2006
06.16.2012, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddy View Post
Just checked my gearing, im running with a 17t pinion and 48t spur
So your running 17/48 on 6s and I'm running,
17/50 on 5s and think its fast.

I can't wait to try 6s now.

Do you have any pictures or video of your D8T

Thanks for the help,
Nick


Tamiya TRF801Xt-e
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#21)
freddy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
06.16.2012, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastety92 View Post
So your running 17/48 on 6s and I'm running,
17/50 on 5s and think its fast.

I can't wait to try 6s now.

Do you have any pictures or video of your D8T

Thanks for the help,
Nick
It is very fast, the temp is nice to


edit, it is a old picture. im using castle 6,5mm bullets now

Last edited by freddy; 06.16.2012 at 02:34 PM.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#22)
magman
RC-Monster Dual Brushless
 
magman's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 4,236
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cape Cod, Mass.
06.16.2012, 05:00 PM

The 1520 motor is a beast for sure. Love it in my mbx5T. I really wish castle made these part of their normal line....they would be huge sellers as they have many uses.


1. MBX-6 T8 1900KV, RX8 ON 4S
2. MBX-5T 1520, MMM ON 5S
3. MBX-5 ONROAD CONVERSION 1515, MMM ON 5S
4. MRX-3 ON ROAD CONVERSION 1512, MMM ON 6S
5. TEN T 2650 T8, MMP ON 3S
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#23)
magman
RC-Monster Dual Brushless
 
magman's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 4,236
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cape Cod, Mass.
06.16.2012, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastety92 View Post
Just got my D8T with 1520 all programmed and the correct gear on.

Damn this thing is fast now. It was quick before, now it's fast. The mid range is much more than the Tekin motor and I'm still running it very easy.

5s with 17/50 gearing.

Differential Ratio: 4.3
Transmission Ratio: 1
Other Ratio: 1
Spur Tooth Count: 50
Pinion Tooth Count: 17
Total Voltage: 18.50
Motor KV: 1600
Tire Diameter (inches): 5.84
Tire Ballooning (inches): .10
Motor Current Draw: 140
Motor Coil Resistance: 0
Spur/Pinion Ratio: 2.94 : 1
Total Ratio: 12.64706 : 1
Tire Circumference (inches): 18.98 inches (481.97 mm)
Rollout: 1.50:1
Total Motor Speed: 29600 RPM
Vehicle Speed: 42.06 mph (67.56 km/h)
Effective KV Value: 1600
KT constant: 0.85 oz-in/A
Motor Torque: 0.62 ft-lbs
Final Torque: 7.79 ft-lbs
Final Power: 2590 watts (3.5 HP)


I think my next purchase is some 3s lipo's so I can run this motor on 6s. It should be interesting.

Video coming soon.

Nick
That stat is key to cool temps and a lot of fun!! Of course the 3.5HP and almost 8ft-lbs of torque doesn't hurt either


1. MBX-6 T8 1900KV, RX8 ON 4S
2. MBX-5T 1520, MMM ON 5S
3. MBX-5 ONROAD CONVERSION 1515, MMM ON 5S
4. MRX-3 ON ROAD CONVERSION 1512, MMM ON 6S
5. TEN T 2650 T8, MMP ON 3S

Last edited by magman; 06.16.2012 at 05:05 PM.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#24)
nastety92
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber
 
Offline
Posts: 425
Join Date: Apr 2006
06.17.2012, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magman View Post
That stat is key to cool temps and a lot of fun!! Of course the 3.5HP and almost 8ft-lbs of torque doesn't hurt either
So what your saying is that lower RPM's keep the motor cool?

I've run that speed calculate with 6s and RPM's are 35,000. Is that to high? On 4s the RPM's are down in the 24-25,000 range and the truck feels slow.

Thanks again for the help,
Nick


Tamiya TRF801Xt-e
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#25)
magman
RC-Monster Dual Brushless
 
magman's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 4,236
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cape Cod, Mass.
06.17.2012, 10:10 AM

it seems that for that motor 30K is the sweet spot. on 6s 35K is not bad either....just more fun!


1. MBX-6 T8 1900KV, RX8 ON 4S
2. MBX-5T 1520, MMM ON 5S
3. MBX-5 ONROAD CONVERSION 1515, MMM ON 5S
4. MRX-3 ON ROAD CONVERSION 1512, MMM ON 6S
5. TEN T 2650 T8, MMP ON 3S
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#26)
nastety92
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber
 
Offline
Posts: 425
Join Date: Apr 2006
06.17.2012, 09:28 PM

So if 30-35k is it's sweet spot will it really spin up to 60k rpm's?

How about a Mamba XL on 8s? I would assume the 1520 would be out of control on 8s. I wonder how big of a vehicle it would handle being run on 8s, size wise? And would it survive.

I've been thinking of stretching my D8T or another truggy chassis. I'd run a Mamba XL and either a 2028 or another castle motor, depending on the size of the truck. My biggest problem is figuring out a body if I don't make it as big as a 1/5 scale, there really isn't anything between 1/8 and 1/5 scale.


Nick


Tamiya TRF801Xt-e

Last edited by nastety92; 06.17.2012 at 09:30 PM.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#27)
magman
RC-Monster Dual Brushless
 
magman's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 4,236
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cape Cod, Mass.
06.17.2012, 10:14 PM

Well...will the motor spin up to 60K and survive for long...probably not. Many here feel that anything under 35K is using the motor at its peak efficiency. I personally try to keep it under 30K when ever possible depending on set up. Put it this way...with my set up, the motor is only spinning 26K. Top speed is 40 or so which is fine as I am not looking for speed runs.


1. MBX-6 T8 1900KV, RX8 ON 4S
2. MBX-5T 1520, MMM ON 5S
3. MBX-5 ONROAD CONVERSION 1515, MMM ON 5S
4. MRX-3 ON ROAD CONVERSION 1512, MMM ON 6S
5. TEN T 2650 T8, MMP ON 3S
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#28)
nastety92
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber
 
Offline
Posts: 425
Join Date: Apr 2006
06.18.2012, 09:30 AM

How are you getting 26k RPM's? If your running 5s lipo in any gearing it still comes out to 29k rpm's.

Life batteries maybe?

Thanks,
Nick


Tamiya TRF801Xt-e
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#29)
d3lap
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber
 
Offline
Posts: 101
Join Date: Dec 2011
07.04.2012, 09:31 AM

Hes probly using the nominal voltage of lipos and not the 4.2v. try with 3.7
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#30)
nastety92
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber
 
Offline
Posts: 425
Join Date: Apr 2006
11.21.2017, 04:33 PM

Just sold this truggy. It was a lot of fun while I had it. It had been broken and sitting around for a number of years in my basement so time to let it go off to a new home. On to the next project.


Tamiya TRF801Xt-e
   
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump



RC Monster




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com